This week brought us a lot of ups and downs in the gaming world… and then back up again. Let’s get to it!
In game announcements:
- So, on April 25th, we heard (we were a bit behind) that Telltale Games, the kings of episodic gaming were teaming up with Marvel to make their own games in 2017. You can see what we said about it here.
- On April 27th, we were brought the dreadful news that upcoming Playstation 4 title Silent Hills has been cancelled. P.T., a playable teaser for the game has been removed from the Playstation Store. The game was eventually confirmed cancelled by Konami themselves. Let’s hope a better publisher with more sense than Konami can step in and give Silent Hills the support it deserves. More details here.
- On April 29th, Valve announced something else that is much more awesome: Matchmaking is coming to Team Fortress 2. So now you can actually play with awesome people, and not people with hats. Check it out here.
- On May 1st, the team behind Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country revealed their adorable new characters, Yooka and Laylee for their upcoming spiritual successor to the popular Banjo-Kazooie games. What do we think? Have a look here. (They’re seriously adorable though)
In industry announcements:
- On April 28th, after last week’s opinion piece about Valve’s decision to let modders choose if they’d like to charge for their work, Valve has done a complete 180 and has decided to not go forth with this plan. And they were nice enough to admit that it was poorly planned. Way to go, Valve.
- On May 1st, it was announced that AMD and PC Gamer are teaming up to bring PC Gaming to E3 this year with a stronger presence than ever with the debut of ‘The PC Gaming Show’. There’s been no better time to play games on PC. More here.
Well guys, that is it for this week! Please let us know if we’ve missed anything awesome/important!