Everything is back to normal after E3! But, that doesn’t stop the news. Read on for all the latest in the gaming world!
- On June 22nd, Bungie and Destiny’s upcoming expansion The Taken King was priced as a huge $80 AUD for the expansion and $112 AUD for the Legendary Edition which has the base Destiny game and the DLCs as well as this expansion. Not only that, but Destiny creative director Luke Smith, in an interview with Eurogamer, seemed to insult the buyers of the game and Eurogamer who are debating the large price, by saying that:
If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen.
- On June 23rd, Batman Arkham Knight was released to the world, but of course, bugs were found, especially on the PC version. The game was almost unplayable with performance, graphics and effects issues and the next day, Warner Brothers suspended sales of the game on PC until they can rectify the problem.
- On June 24th, Bungie was in the news again for Destiny’s partnership with energy drink Red Bull, over the The Taken King expansion. Between now and September, you can earn bonus XP and access an exclusive quest with specially marked Red Bull cans.
- Also on June 24th, Dying Light was found making fun of Bungie’s Red Bull sponsorship by making their own! With drinking water… But of course, this is a joke. I just though it was funny…
- On June 25th, Project CARS developer Ian Bell stated that:
… we just really dislike Nintendo users.
This comes just after the developers said that the game would just not work on Wii U and decided to scrap the game on the platform, despite what was promised in the Kickstarter. Check out the rest of the story here.
That was the news this week, complete with utter dicks. Let me know if anything was missed! Have a fantastic weekend!