So, it is the end of gaming’s Christmas-in-June and here is the weekly news round-up, filled with the stuff you probably already know unless you’ve been living under a rock.
In extra game and industry announcements:
- Bethesda Studio’s Todd Howard has stated that Fallout 4 will not be seeing paid mods. Bethesda and Valve recently tried implementing a paid mods feature for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PC but it was quickly pulled after negative feedback.
- The Kickstarter campaign for Shenmue 3 which launched live during Sony’s 2015 press conference reached its funding goal of $2,000,000 USD in under 9 hours! This was also a Guinness World Record for fastest video game crowdfunding as it reached $1 million in 1 hour 42 minutes, and it’s now the second fastest Kickstarter of all time after the Pebble Watch. After all that, Sony confirmed that they would be funding the game’s development further and that the Kickstarter campaign was a way to simply gauge interest in the game.
- Fallout Shelter, the mobile game that launched for iOS devices directly after Bethesda’s 2015 press conference absolutely tore up the free app top charts this week, quickly overtaking Candy Crush Saga. An Android version is confirmed to become available in the coming months.
- Tony Hawk also announced the release date for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 over Twitter. The release date will be September 29th for Xbox One and PS4 and a later date will be announced for last gen consoles.
- The brand new Xbox Elite Controller that was shown off in the Microsoft E3 conference was given a price of $150USD. You can read more about it here.
- You may not have seen at at E3 but there was a demonstration for the Hololens with Halo 5. This was news to me so that’s why it’s on the list! Check out the video demonstration here and an article about the experience here.
That’s it for this week! There was little news outside of E3, we hope you had an awesome week and all of your E3 dreams came true.